.

The Price of the Pimp

 The Price of the Pimp


My girls would get raging mad

They all had their little lists

I wished I could tie and gag them

But they would have gotten pissed


I hated it when my girls got

Their noses bent out of shape

Like little yapping dogs

In little red flapping capes


Picture 'Janes of the Jungle'

All swinging from the vines

Up ahead there stood a tree

They could have let go any time


And dropped down to the ground

Healthy, happy, safe and fine

And admired red rose bushes

But they held on tight to those vines


That's how my girls broke their noses

Slamming face-first into the trunk

Swinging from those hanging vines

While being damn near dead drunk


I know it doesn't sound true

But that's how the story goes

When you're the town pimp

And run street corner hos


There was a time I afforded the price

A man about town, top of the trade

Money, house and pink caddilac ride

The girls walked the walk and I got paid


I was the man large and in charge

Everyone knew me by my name

I was at the the top of the charts

Had the fame and played the game


I promised the girls diamond mines

But just gave them all the shaft

They were my tools of the trade

And pimping them was my craft


But those days are over now

My girls all got old and moved on

I got older too and lost my swag

All of them and the money is gone


My apologies to all my girls

They did all the late night work

They earned all the money

I took it and acted the jerk


That's the price of the pimp

Using people without any care

Leaves you old and all alone

Stuck in a home and rocking chair


Wishy March 1, 2023